Description: This session covers the critical appraisal of an important randomised controlled trial.
Duration: 2 hours
After completing this session you will be able to:
- Compare pragmatic and explanatory
- Define effectiveness and efficacy
- Define surrogate outcomes
- Define absolute and relative risk reduction
- Define number needed to treat
- Define bias and confounding
CASP International Network. View website
Refer to the following text for additional information:
- Greenhalgh T. How to Read a Paper. BMJ Publishing Group, 2001.