Authors: Andy Neill, Charlotte Davies / Codes: CAP34, HAP27, ObC19, ObP1, SLO1, SLO2, SLO3 / Published: 16/02/2017
In this podcast we cover something fairly rare that if all goes well shouldn’t even present to the ED. Though we all know that no matter how good systems are things don’t always go according to plan and it may well end up in the ED. Rumours have it that this has appeared on a certain emergency medicine examination at some point and complications of pregnancy certainly fits within the curriculum.
- taken from the NUEM blog of northwestern university
- Ultrasound images below also from the NUEM Blog.
Some other FOAMed
Some further papers
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and thrombotic events
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: a clinical report on 4894 consecutive ART treatment cycles
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome on the acute medical unit: a problem-based review.
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, the master of disguise? [probably the most important paper as the first author here is Ironside…]
- Nice review article
- OHSS and ectopics
- Bilateral ectopic with OHSS (you’re definitely having a bad day if you get this)